Tennis and Pickleball Club
Men and Women age 50 and over
Indoor/Outdoor Doubles Tennis and Pickleball
in Fairfax County Virginia
Membership not open at this time
Operating Procedures/Best Practices
1. The venue sign-up form will indicate "no play" days.
2. Captains are authorized to cancel scheduled play because of inclement weather or extreme heat. In such a situation individual members can play at their own discretion.
3. In conducting tennis matches, venue captains have sole responsibility for selecting the type of pairing system to be used. Captains shall make every effort to match opposing players on as balanced playing level as practicable.
4. Pairing assignments are made on a designated court number and courts may use "A" or "B" letter which designates the side of the court play is to take place and the partner with whom play will be conducted. The "A" side is always the nearest side as the court is entered.
5. New tennis balls will be used for each playing day. To the extent possible the ball numbers should be aligned with the assigned court number. For example, Dunlop 1 used on court 1, Dunlop 2 on court 2 etc. Avoid using the same numbered balls on adjacent courts. Game balls should not be used for warm-ups. Cans should remain unopened until the start of play and players informed of the ball number for their court. The used balls can be kept by players and do not have to returned to the captain. Captains should retain unused cans for use in subsequent sessions or return them to the Operations & Planning director after the end date of the venue.
6. Any member found to be in repeated violation of the Code of Conduct or who continually exhibits unsportsmanlike conduct, or who continually disrupts scheduled play shall be referred to the director of Operations & Planning and the Board of Directors for appropriate action.
7. Members who cannot play on a particular day are responsible for getting their own member substitutes and advising the captain of the member's name at least 24 hours in advance. A player’s tardiness or absence without obtaining a substitute results in an immediate adverse impact upon players who have shown up on time (players should be at the venue ready to play 15 minutes before the start of play).
Players are expected to notify their captain of a substitute player as soon as known but at least 24 hours before
play time so the captain has time to include the substitute on the playing roster for that date. If a player cannot obtain a substitute, the captain shall be notified at once and he or she will attempt to find a substitute player. If the captain finds the substitute and there is a sub fee for the venue, no sub fee will be paid. If a player cannot find a sub they may use a guest, provided this is coordinated in advance with the captain and an estimate of the guest’s playing level is provided to the captain.
If a player is a no-show without getting a substitute or is tardy by 10 minutes or more during a playing season, he or she shall be warned by the captain who shall keep a record. If either conduct mentioned above is repeated during the season, and the conduct is considered by the captain to be unjustified by the circumstances, the Operations & Planning director shall be notified. The Operations & Planning director after consultation with the Vice President and President, shall take appropriate action which may include: a warning, or a dropping from the rolls for that venue or from all Golden Racquets venues for the season, or in severe cases, from membership in Golden Racquets. Depending upon the circumstances of the particular situation, a member’s playing fees may not be returned.
8. With the concurrence of the Vice President and the Operations & Planning Director, a captain may refuse to accept and/or keep a player, either as a regular player or as a substitute, who cannot be satisfactorily paired within the captain's venue. In the event of a disagreement between the captain, the Vice President or the Operations and Planning Director, the President shall decide the issue. If a player is presently playing in that venue, his or her money shall be refunded on a pro-rata basis for the rest of the season if another venue cannot be provided.
9. Unless otherwise announced, privileges at indoor clubs are limited to use of the courts, lounge areas and dressing rooms.